Getting 720 waves can be a lifelong dream for men. But how to get that dream to come true is the question we’re here to answer. Our guide will try to bring the idea to light for those who don’t know how to get 720 waves easily.
720 waves like its 360 counterparts are highly common, especially among men of color. It represents style and class both at the same time. It’s also a cultural issue where men of different backgrounds love to wear it to display their cultural identity.
That’s why waves, whether they’re 180, 360, or 720 are an important part for many men today!
How to Get 720 Waves
Our guide will use a step-by-step guide to help you provide a thorough understanding of what are 720 waves and how to get deep 720 waves. Let’s find out about them right now!
Things You’d be Needing for the Wave
Here we’d like to present you with some of the few things necessary during the action.
If you don’t know how to get 720 waves fast, then the first thing you’d have to have is a wave brush. There are no alternatives to getting wave brushes if you want quality, beautiful-looking waves. Wave brushes can be a quality add-on, and regular brushing can quicken up the time to get a wave. So, you get waves sooner than usual.
For the best brushing experience and effective results, you can check out this one by the renowned Torino!
- TORINO PRO #350 - Is a True Texture Medium Wave brush! Unlike Our Competitors, I Use 100% Boar in my Mediums; NO NYLON BRISTLES EVER! The ULTIMATE Workhorse, The TP350 is for ALL Stages of Waving, From Fresh Cut to the Wolfing Stage. The CURVE Contours to the Shape of Your Head for Better Grip, Better Pull & More Coverage Which Means Faster Results! The POINTY TIP Isolates the Crown of Your Hair (Swirl or Beehive) for Better Development. Softer than TP520, Firmer than TP490. NOT FOR Long Hair.
- DO YOU WANT WAVES WITH LESS EFFORT? TIRED OF SPENDING HOURS BRUSHING & SEEING NO PROGRESS? WHAT DO SOME RAPPERS, NBA PLAYERS & TOP YOUTUBE WAVERS HAVE IN COMMON? They all use Torino Pro Wave Brushes! Because they get great waves with less effort & see major progress in less time. Spend less time brushing & more time with your family while still seeing the progress you've been looking for in your waves. Aren't you glad you found a brush that will make waving easier?
- YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR: If a Wave Brush Can be Bought for $5-10 here on Amazon, Why is it that Torino Pro Brushes are Always Selling Out? Because Torino Pro Wave Brushes are of Superior Quality; My Bristles Won't Lean, Which Means Faster Progress, Better Connections and the Best Pull. On Top of Being Specifically Designed for Waving, Torino Pro Brushes are Known for Their Exquisite Glossy Candy Paint Finish. Stop Cheating Yourself, Treat Yourself! Your Hair Deserves the Best, Period.
- IMAGINE USING YOUR TORINO PRO, Getting Serious Progress & Right After a Wolf, You Get a Fresh Cut, Waves are Spinning, Outfit is Fresh, All Eyes On You & Girls Can't Stop Thinking How Good You Look. When You Have a Brush of This Caliber, THIS COULD BE YOU. Be The Envy of All Your Friends. When People Around You Think of Waves, You'll be the 1st Waver They Think Of; The Dopest Wavers from Around the World Are Using Brush King Wave Brushes. You Only Live Once, You Deserve to Experience Torino Pro.
- ALL TORINO PRO BRUSHES INCLUDE A BOX AND A HAIR BRUSH MAINTENANCE INSERT...to help you keep your hair brush looking new and extend the longevity of your wave brush. All of the Do's & Don'ts of Hair Brush Maintenance & Care are found in this insert. YOUR WAVING INVESTMENT IS IMPORTANT TO ME! REST ASSURED YOU'RE BUYING FROM THE AUTHORITY ON WAVE BRUSHES.
Secondly, you can utilize the different sorts of hair products to get the Wave working. For that reason, there are plenty of options, starting from wave cream to pomade, gel, and shampoo.
In terms of getting these items for waves, we’d recommend you to check if they’re specially manufactured for waves, which will provide better effectiveness.
On the other hand, check if they’re made using natural elements and come with the least product build-up to avoid harming scalp health.
You can use this wave butter for a better and smooth waving experience.
- The use of both cocoa butter and shea butter on hair dates back to ancient times. Cocoa and Shea may be the most effective natural conditioners known because of their high content of oils that absorb well, are hair healthy – and full of nutrients.
- Wavebuilder Cocoa and Shea Wave Butter is formulated with these wonder ingredients along with other wave friendly conditioners and moisturizers.
- All hair – especially wavers’ hair – needs moisture. Wavebuilder Cocoa & Shea Wave Butter delivers tons of it along with shine.
- Perfect for everyday use. Prevents breakage. Scalp healthy.
- This high quality, safe, effective WAVEBUILDER product is made by us with only the best available ingredients.
Durags for Waves
Finally, one thing that you shouldn’t skip is the durag. Getting quality wave durags and wearing them regularly can speed up the process to a certain extent. You can find them made of silk, although most use polyester. Not only do they aid in getting bouncy waves, but they’re also pretty stylish to look at!
So, we’d suggest you get quality durags for a quicker waver forming.
You may consider this one by ForceWave to attain the maximum pressure.
- Package include : 3pcs Silky Durags, 1 satin wave cap
- Material: Dourag adopted the moisture-tech fabric which contained the moisture factor will restores moisture and pomade, at the same time, it’s breathable. If you use wave grease and our durag, your hair will feel double moisture and silky, not like other normal durag fabric in market, it will absorb your pomade make your hair dry!
- Design: Perfect for waver, The middle line is on outer which keeps the waves in place, will not leave a line to mess your wave. Our due rag is long tails wide strap, easy to be double wrapped for 360 waves. Long enough for waver even big head and KEEP HAIR MOISTURIZED. Wave cap stays on all night and KEEPS WAVES LAID DOWN when you add DOUBLE compression over your duerag . It will make the process of Wolfing or Sleeping much easier
- Brand: ForceWave is not only focus on premium mens durags, we also sale medium wave curved brushes and wave caps for waver. Whether you are an elite waver or wolfing or just getting started, please use wave caps, doorags and waves brushes together, it not just give you beautiful wave, but the new lifestyle. All of our 360 wave kit, not just men dewrag, will continue to update for weaver, because we have our own designers and factories. If you need wholesale, please contact us
- Refund: Our mission is to use our doo-rag to satisfy every one of our customers and make sure each of you own the shining and healthy waves after using our products. If you have any question, without hesitate, please contact us immediately, we will refund you money or send you new one
Finally, you can add one more item to the list, which is the wave shampoo. Yes, you can also find tons of shampoos in the market which are manufactured especially for waves. Get the shampoos that match your style and hair pattern. It’s better to find shampoos that have cleansing or product build-up removing capabilities involved. So, besides getting a quality wave, you’d also get to remove the toxic build-up of the previously applied agents, keeping the scalp healthier!
Check out the Wavebuilder Wash in Waves Wave Saving Shampoo for the best results.
- Smart wavers never use any old shampoo or whatever they find in the shower! The wrong shampoo can reverse days of wave work, make waving harder, and make your waves look dull and dry.
- Many shampoos strip hair of essential moisture and oils with harsh surfactants.
- Wavebuilder Wash in Waves Wave Saving Shampoo is WAVE SAFE (TM), hair healthy and never strips - but it still cleans hair and scalp fully and leaves hair soft and refreshed.
- Enriched with keratin and collagen amino acids.
- This high quality, safe, effective WAVEBUILDER product is made by us with only the best available ingredients.
Things to Remember While Getting the Products
There are a couple of things that you should keep in mind before filling out the shopping cart. One key issue that everyone must focus on is the type of hair.
Each hair product, especially the professional-grade ones, comes for a particular hair type where it performs best. So, if you want to make the most out of the products you’re shopping for, do remember to choose the ones built especially for your hair type.
Another issue to look at is the ingredients that are used in the formation. It’s okay to get waves and other styles that make you stand out from the regular folks. But it’s never okay to do that by harming yourself. That’s why it’s better to settle with products that are less effective in terms of offering the hold yet have natural ingredients than to go with effective products that contain scalp damaging chemicals.
So, these are the few things you should keep in mind before going ahead with any item.
Process of Getting 720 Waves
Well, as we’re finished with the items, now it’s time to move onto the actual process and how it’s done. If you’re confused about how long does it take to get 720 waves, then you can get it within a 30 to 90 days period, if things work out well. In the following sections, the entire process will be explained.
Making Sure the Scalp Health is Alright
Getting a wave is time-consuming and can also be pretty challenging. It also requires decent strength, and your scalp has to be in the perfect condition to provide it.
That’s why we’d suggest you first examine the condition of your scalp before starting it. It’s better if you can get an expert opinion beforehand. If you find any issues, then get them resolved.
How to Cut 720 Waves – Getting a Haircut
If you don’t know how to get 720 waves for beginners then go through the following steps.
The next step involves getting the right haircut. Getting a quality haircut is essential before starting the wave formation. In terms of haircut, one thing that has to be kept in mind is that the cut should be done which mimics the 720 patterns as much as possible.
This haircut involves some decent risk factors too. It’s not as easy as the 360 waves, and one needs to consider various factors while doing so.
It’s not like cutting against the grain. And you’d have to take into consideration the length and the direction of the hair while doing so.
First and foremost, the wolf needs to be grown for quite some time, at least one to two months. Another way to count the length is you can use the ⅓ guard with grain.
The direction of the haircut is also important to make sure the hair grows into a 720 wave. One of the most common techniques is to use the beehive pattern, which would get a better foundation for a quality 720.
Many prefer to cut against the grain, which can make the hair too short. Always get the swirling pattern that is required for getting the waves formed.
Visit a Barber
As you’ve already found, getting a haircut for waves isn’t as easy. It requires patience and outstanding skill in the job, which isn’t the thing for ordinary individuals.
If you don’t have much experience cutting your hair, we’d recommend you visit a professional barber who specializes in providing you with a haircut that fits the waves.
Getting a quality Caesar or Razor Style Cut can also serve the purpose well, so if the barber isn’t quite experienced in the matters regarding waves, you can ask for these particular cuts too.
How to Brush Hair for 720 Waves?
Many would ask ‘’how to brush your hair for 720 waves?’’ and that is the most important part. The main way anyone can get a wave is through brushing. And there are no alternatives to it. That is the reason you should get a quality brush, as we mentioned before.
Getting the Right Brush
Medium, soft or hard, what sort of brush should you get? While getting wave brushes, you’d notice these features coming with every brush, but which one would be the best for you?
Well, for straight and easy to control hair getting soft or medium-soft bristles would be just right.
On the other hand, getting a stronger bristle brush would offer better control for coarse or curly hair types. The firm bristles will help set the hair up at its right place for wave formation.
Keep it Handy
Waving requires continuous and heavy brushing to get the pattern sized up. That’s why it’s better if you have a brush that’s compactly designed and highly portable. Being small and compact, you can carry it everywhere and continue brushing 24/7.
Palm brushes would be the ideal option in this regard, and you’d be able to carry them wherever you like. If you spend time outdoors most, then this sort of brush is recommended. So that you get to continue the brushing at all times and let the waves form quicker.
If you’re staying home most of the time, which is the case for most people right now, then getting a brush that comes with a handle can be a good alternative.
Process of Brushing
To brush for 720 waves first, you’d have to start from the top of your head, after starting from the finish on the front of your head just above the eye.
Then at the 2nd spot, start from the top of your head and finish just down to your neck.
Finally, brush at a 45-degree diagonal form to the sides, starting from the crown.
Do each stroke 50 times at the very least.
How Many Times Should I Brush?
Brushing has to be done in a disciplined manner. It’s best to go for the morning and night session with extra two or three sessions in the middle.
Always do a brushing session in the morning time after a shower; at this time, you’d have the hair at its most agreeable stance.
Following the morning session, do another one before or after lunch and one more during the afternoon.
Finally, the best time to do the brushing is before bed. Before you go to bed, add a quality brushing session that will set you up for the night waving!
Get the Durags In for Overnight Shaping
Once you brush at nighttime and the hair is at its right place, it’s time to get the durag fitted in. Wear the durag properly for an overnight wave formation experience.
Remember, before you get the durag on, the hair must be brushed in the wave pattern. Once you get the hair in the right 720, wear the durag to get the Wave settled in.
Continue the Process
Well, it may take one week, or it may take four; it’d depend on the type of hair. If your hair is coarse, it may take time; otherwise, the time will be reduced.
Continue switching between brushing and wearing do rags, and you’d notice the wave spiral is gradually appearing.
Maintaining the Wave
Here we’d like to present you with some of the key questions regarding the maintenance of the Wave. Let’s check it out.
How Long Do You Keep a Wave Cap On?
One of the key questions that many get asked is the duration of keeping the wave cap. If you can keep the cap on for longer hours, it’d be better for the Wave, and you’d get faster results too.
We’ve already said it’s important to get the durag on before you head to bed at night. But if that’s not something you like to do, there could be other ways around.
Here we’d like to practice the 30-minute rule. For many men, heating the scalp is an issue. If you don’t want to experience this, this 30-minute rule can be practiced instead of wearing it overnight.
Wear it for thirty minutes at night after brushing. Then slowly remove it and see if you notice any waves. But it doesn’t
Stop here. Do this every day of the week for better performance.
What’s Better Durag or Wave Cap?
There is no direct answer to this question. Because each of the two has been made for special purposes. Although, both durag and wave cap can do the job. But, one can be more effective than the other in certain areas.
For instance, durags are more suited for longer-haired men. They do a good job of managing the longer or braided hair. Furthermore, with durags, you get to adjust the tightness by yourself for a customized fit that works, which isn’t possible with the wave cap.
On the other hand, wave caps are pretty good for short hair. Wave caps fit best on the hair close to or less than 1inch. They do a great job at holding the hair to the scalp. Wave caps can be a quality wave trainer as they can be applied from early on after a haircut, so your hair grows into a wave-like pattern. Plus, wave caps can also be carried easily and can be worn without any difficulties!
Should I Use Wave Grease Everyday?
This is one of the most common questions that the potential wavers ask. When to use wave grease or pomade can certainly be one of the key issues.
Considering your hair type and how waves shape, you can apply it as many times as you like. But we’d still suggest you minimize the application to an extent.
People often get confused about when to apply it. The best time is in the morning. After you have a shower, apply it to the damp hair for maximum effect.
And again, while you’re going to bed, apply the pomade or grease. One thing to keep in mind is the hair should be damp while you’re applying it.
But if you see, the Wave is forming by itself without much effort. Then you can limit the use. It’s best to have limited use of hair products as they can create build-up due to heavy use!
Can You Wash Your Hair While Wolfing?
Yes, you can wash your hair while wolfing. Many get confused as they have a preconceived idea that wolfing is meant for not washing, which isn’t the case. While you let the hair grow without cutting it, washing is required.
Because as we already stated, waving requires tons of different ingredients to be put on the scalp. On top of that, you’re wearing do-rags at night and sleeping with everything in it, which would lead to creating a heavy build-up of product remaining. And, not washing them properly would lead to absolute catastrophe for your scalp, so washing and shampooing are mandatory while wolfing.
Can You Go From 360 to 720 Waves?
There are some men who ask how to go from 360 waves to 720 waves. Well, there are conflicting claims both for and against this idea. But all in all, it’d be a difficult trick to pull off because each has its own swirling technique. So, the better to cut the hair to go bald and start anew. It’d minimize the trouble, and you get a fresh start.
Throughout our highly engaging and informative guide, we tried to provide all the information related to getting 720 waves. If you didn’t know how to get 720 waves, this would be the perfect time to start growing a wave based on the current information at hand!
Waves aren’t only a matter of looking good; it’s also a fashion statement that prioritizes and represents the black men’s flavor and ways of life.
Men of color have their way of doing things, just like men with any other background. To make your colored identity shine, waves are one of the key mediums you can go ahead with.
So, what are you waiting for? Light up the waves and show your true colors right now!
- How to Get 720 Waves
- Process of Getting 720 Waves
- Maintaining the Wave
- Final Thoughts