Let’s face it. Straight and sleek hair can change your appearance. Do you want that look without using heat styling tools? Then you must know how to straighten your hair without heat.
People use hair straightener or blow-dryer more often to get such gorgeous hairstyle. Most of the time, they apply chemicals in this process. Overuse of these tools can make the hair dull and split the end as it loses moisture. It results in hair breakage and hair fall.
Luckily, you can now straighten your wavy hair without any damage. You can get naturally straight hair with some change in your lifestyle and by following some tips. With these tips, you may not get complete straight hair, but you’ll surely get healthy hair. Let’s get started!
How to Straighten Your Hair without Heat Fast
If you are looking to get straight hair without using heat, try the following tips.
Apply Right Shampoo and Conditioner
Shampoo and conditioner are very closely related to your hair, so choose the right one. Both of these products doesn’t contain hair straightening formula though. However, you should go with shampoo or conditioner labeled with “smoothing.”
This product includes moisturizer, and they weigh down curls for straighter locks. After applying conditioner, comb your hair with a paddle brush and then rinse it. It will help to lock the moisture.
Choose the Right Towel
Each time after taking a shower, make sure to dry your hair with an absorbent towel. As per you are not using heat, so it is essential to dry out most with the towel. You should choose a microfiber towel as they absorb moisture without causing frizz. After washing hair, don’t wear a towel randomly; it will make your hair curlier.
Change Towel Drying Technique
Wrong use of towel also causes dizziness. Be gentle to your wet hair and dry in the following way;
- Hold the towel around the tip and take a small amount of hair inside. Don’t take the hair altogether.
- Absorb the moisture from the tip and slowly move the towel upside to absorb moisture.
- Then moderately tousle your hair. Don’t rub the end of your hair.
Blow-Dry with Cool Air
We often blow dry our hair with hot hair which only causes rough hair. You can straighten your wavy hair naturally using a blow dryer. True. You need to use cold air instead. To do so, set the temperature to low and dry it.
Keep Brushing Wet Hair
While using a blow dryer at low temperature, you should brush your wet hair. Continue brushing until your hair becomes dry. When you brush continuously, it removes extra moisture from your hair. It also straightens your hair as the comb pull your hair nonstop. You can take a break during this period.
Use Hair Smoothening Cream
When your hair is almost dry, apply hair-smoothing cream. Then gently comb it out straight and again air-dry your hair. Make sure to buy smoothening cream that contains natural smoothing agent like coconut oil or jojoba oil.
Roll Hair with Jumbo Hair Roller
The large plastic roller is an excellent solution for hair straightening. It makes your hair wavy with excellent volume and shiny finish. The size of these rollers is like a soda can. You’ll get a better result if you roll your wet hair and use cold air to dry. Because this way helps to lock your hair in the wave.
How to do it? Simple. Divide your hair into small sections and roll your hair in the roller. Keep it as it is for at least four hours. The more, the better.
Wrap Your Hair
If you don’t have a plastic roller, no worries. You can wrap your hair as well. In fact, it is the most popular way of hair straightening. Besides, you’ll get tons of hair wrapping tutorial for different hair length and texture. The following technique is straightforward and famous as well.
- Divide the top section of your hair when it is wet.
- Use a fine-toothed comb to comb one section flat. Hold hair tout section and bring it in the opposite site to wrap around.
- Secure the wrapped hair tightly by using bobby pins.
- Now do the same for the different section and secure it tightly.
- To keep the hair in place, wrap them with a silk headscarf.
Tie Wet Hair with Hair Band
If you are not comfortable with rolling or wrapping, then try this simple technique. You need to wet your hair and tie them with a hairband. Simply divide your hair into two ponytails and secure each ponytail at the base.
Now use more hand bands to tie each ponytail at 2″ distance. Tie your hair repeatedly until you reach the tip. Do this before sleeping and take out hair band in the morning. Make sure to tie your hairband loosely. It will surely minimize your curls.
Try Natural Hair Straightening Mask
Hair straightening mask is way more useful than heating your hair. It helps to lock straighten naturally. You can try the following hair straightening;
Milk and Honey Mask
- Take 1 cup of whole milk or coconut milk and 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Mix them well and apply it from the root to tip of your hair.
- Let it soak for an hour and rinse with water.
Milk and Egg Mask
- Take 2 cups of whole milk and one egg in a large bowl.
- Beat them well and then soak your hair in the bowl for about 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, take out your hair from the mask. Make a bun or wrap your hair around your head.
- Leave it for 30 minutes and then unwrap and wash your hair thoroughly.
Coconut Milk and Lemon Juice
- Take one cup of coconut milk, six tablespoons of lemon juice, two tablespoons of olive oil, and two tablespoon cornstarch.
- Mix them well in a microwave-proof bowl and microwave it for 20 minutes.
- Take the mixture out and beat them well until you get a smooth paste.
- Apply it throughout your hair and leave it for an hour. After that, wash it.
See! Transforming your wavy hair into stick-straight is not anything like mission impossible. You can, but only if you know how to straighten your hair without heat. To this point, you know it as well. So, start applying the techniques mentioned above. Remember, you can make your hair straight naturally only if you have slightly curly or wavy hair.
- How to Straighten Your Hair without Heat Fast
- Apply Right Shampoo and Conditioner